About the customer
The city of Buenos Aires is the biggest city in Argentina, the third most populated in LATAM and the thirteen most populated all over the world. It’s a city with a surface of 203 square kilometers.
Buenos Aires was in need for modernization, the budget usage for street lighting was too high, they realized that the maintenance costs and the frequency of problems, plus the time to repair and the power consumption, were all problems that needed a solution ASAP.
Together with our partner, Smartmation, we proposed a solution to cover their problems, smart lighting for automation, control and monitoring:
- Reduce the time to resolution with alarms automatically assigned to the repairing party with SLA.
- Reports automatically generated Ad-Hoc and sent via e-mail to the operators.
- Powerful map view with heat maps, online statuses and alarms.
- The city of Buenos Aires is the first capital city in LATAM to become 100% LED and fully automatized.
- Costs savings for maintenance and repairing has been reduced 60% (considering zero vandalism now).
- Power consumption highly reduced by switching to LED and controlling efficiently.
- Neighbors don’t have to report a failure with the tedious work that it comes with, the solution automatically detects an incident and reports it to the maintenance party at once.